Saturday, November 10, 2012

Module 5 - Red Queens and Increasing Returns

The movie I reference in Module 4, Minority Report was in my media library. The movie was one of my husband’s favorites. He is a Sci-Fi junkie. If I did not have the movie, it would have been easy for me to obtain it by downloading from my computer or using video on demand. This is an exampleRed Queens” as Dr. Thornburg states of the competition between two technologies and leaving other processors behind (Thornburg, D., 2008). Enhancing would be the category this technology should be placed in McLuhan’s tetrad. The technology choices I had to obtain the movie is the easy accessibility which enhances on previous technologies.

Reference:

Thornburg, D. (2008). Red Queens, butterflies and strange attractors: Imperfect lenses into emergent technologies. Lake Barrington, II: Thornburg Center for Space Exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment